The GM diet is very popular in India because it was vegetarian in nature. The original General Motors diet was adapted to people’s tastes in the different countries around the world. Then meat and beef was added as the protein source.
However, many Indians do not eat beef, some eat only chicken, and others are entirely vegetarian. Therefore, the western version of the GM diet is not appealing to them. Many Indian people, especially women, find this diet regime helpful, because it helps them to lose weight in a shorter time, without making major alterations in their current diet.
The GM diet’s Indian version does not vary very much from the GM diet western version, apart from the fact that the western version calls for the eating of beef on days 5 and 6 of the diet plan. We have altered this for Indian people who either do not eat beef as well as for those, who follow a vegetarian diet.
The Indian GM Diet for Vegetarians
- 1st Day – You can eat all fruit varieties, except bananas. Drink 8 – 10 glasses, or more, if you can manage it, of water spread throughout the day.
- 2nd Day – You can eat any vegetable, including potatoes. Have the GM diet wonder soup for lunch and dinner.
- 3rd Day – You can eat any combination of fruit or vegetables, except do not eat any potatoes or bananas. Drink a minimum of ten to twelve glasses of water.
- 4th Day – Have skimmed milk and bananas for breakfast and midday snacks and Wonder soup for lunch and dinner.
- 5th Day – Brown rice, tomatoes and curd, Substitute either soybean curd, a cup of brown rice or a cup of paneer or similar cheese. Include tomatoes and cucumbers in your meals.
- 6th Day – You can have vegetables and brown rice, but NO potatoes today.
- 7th Day – You may have 2 cups brown rice with fruit and vegetables. Eight to ten glasses of water plus you may have fruit juice at breakfast and the mid morning snack.
Those, who are not vegetarians, but who do not eat beef, can follow the vegetarian diet, substituting roast chicken or turkey for the beef in the original GM diet.
Recipe for Moong Dhal and Channa Dhal Kosambari
- ¼ cup yellow split Moong Dahl and ¼ cup Channa Dhal both soaked for three hours and drained
- 2 grated medium size carrots
- 1 peeled and chopped medium size cucumber
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped coriander
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 chopped green chillis
- ½ teaspoon grated ginger
- Salt and pepper
Mix all ingredients in a bowl and season to taste. Keep in the refrigerator, and eat whenever hunger strikes.
Check out our GM diet reviews.